Last modified: November 10, 2016
User Privacy Notice of eFarm GmbH & Co. KG for the online platform E-FARM.COM
Data privacy is an important matter to us. This User Privacy Notice aims to inform you as the user of the online platform www.e-farm.com (hereinafter: “online platform”) about the type and extent of information to be collected as well as the purposes for which your personal data will be collected and used by eFarm GmbH & Co. KG, Schopenstehl 20, 20095 Hamburg, Germany, acting as the responsible data controller (hereinafter: “E-FARM”).
The personal data shall mean any factual or personal information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
Handling personal data
- Personal data will be collected, used or disclosed by E-FARM only in cases allowed by the law or if the user consents to the collection of his/her data.
- All E-FARM employees are bound by § 5 of the German Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG) to maintain secrecy and comply with data protection laws.
- As per § 9 BDSG, E-FARM takes technical and organisational measures to protect user data from manipulation, loss, destruction or unauthorised third-party access. These security measures are adjusted from time to time to the technological advances.
- Data will be disclosed or otherwise transmitted for the purpose of commissioned data processing in compliance with § 11 BDSG, unless the user did not previously agree to the disclosure or other transmission.
Data collected during access
- The data controller will collect data in every event you access the online platform. Access data include: name of a site you visit, time and date of the visit, data volume transmitted, report on successful access, browser type and version, your operating system, referral URL, IP address and requesting provider.
- E-FARM uses the access data only for internal statistics purposes for the operation, security and optimisation of the online platform. E-FARM reserves the right to review the data when there is reasonable suspicion that the user has used the online platform in violation of the law.
- You may contact E-FARM. To that end, you may use the contact form available on the online platform, send an email to email@example.com, or call E-FARM hotline.
- When contacted, E-FARM will store data (such as name, email address or phone number) necessary for processing your query and in case any questions arise later.
- To be able to use the selling and buying features of the online platform, you must register as a user.
- . The data provided by you as part of the registration process will be used by E-FARM for the purpose of account activation and provision of the selling and buying features within the online platform. The data that must be provided include name, address, email address, phone number, a username and password of the user’s choice.
- You may use the services offered by selected partners of E-FARM ([item] control organisations, payment service providers, logistics companies, insurance etc.). When using these services, the user agrees that E-FARM may forward the data required for the provision of partner services, such as name and address of the buyer and/or seller, to the partner(s) concerned.
- Every online platform user may subscribe to a newsletter of E-FARM. In the newsletter, E-FARM will inform you about new listings and updates.
- To receive the newsletter, you must provide E-FARM with your first name, last name and email address. You must also click an appropriate checkbox to confirm that you have read the User Privacy Notice.
- In order to ensure that details of the subscriber match the details of the owner of the given email address and that s/he agrees to receive the newsletter, E-FARM uses the so-called “Double Opt-In” procedure. In this process, an email with an activation link is sent to the address provided by the new subscriber. The address is added to the database of subscribers only after the activation link specified in the email is clicked. The data are used only for sending the newsletter and are not disclosed to any third parties.
- You may withdraw your consent to the storage and the use of your data for sending newsletters at any time by clicking the link at the end of each newsletter or by sending a written notice to eFarm GmbH & Co. KG, Schopenstehl 20, 20095 Hamburg.
- For sending our newsletter, we use the MailChimp list provider. MailChimp is an email marketing service provided by The Rocket Science Group, LLC, 512 Means Street, Ste 404 Atlanta, GA 30318. If you subscribe to our newsletter, the data you provide during the newsletter subscription process are transferred to and stored by MailChimp. After subscribing, you will receive an email from MailChimp with an activation link (”double opt-in”).
- MailChimp offers extensive analytics opportunities to track how newsletters are opened and used. These analyses are group-based and will not be used by us for individual analysis. In addition, MailChimp uses Google Analytics and integrates it into newsletters, where necessary. For more information on Google Analytics see clause 12 “ Google Analytics”.
Registered users receive from E-FARM free email alerts including product recommendations. Based on user behaviour or at the user's explicit request, product recommendations are successively tailored to the user's individual needs. The user may revoke this request at any time.
The online platform includes some third-party content, e.g. Google Maps content. This requires the content provider (hereinafter: “Third-Party Provider”) to obtain information about the user’s IP address, because the IP address is necessary for the proper presentation of the third-party content. E-FARM makes every effort to use only content provided by Third-Party Providers who use IP addresses exclusively for the purpose of delivering the content.
- You may disable cookies by making appropriate settings in your browser. Please note, however, that not all features of the E-FARM platform may be available then.
- If IP anonymization is enabled on this online platform, some parts of the IP address of the User within the area of member states of the European Union or other parties to the Agreement on the European Economic Area will be masked by Google. Only in exceptional cases, the full IP address is sent to a Google server in the USA and masked there. The IP anonymization is enabled on this online platform. Google will use this information on behalf of E-FARM to analyse how you use the online platform, compile reports on online platform activities and provide E-FARM with further services related to the use of the online platform and the Internet.
- Google will not associate your IP address, transmitted from your browser through Google Analytics, with any other data held by Google. You may disable cookies by selecting the appropriate settings in your browser. Please note, however, that not all features of the E-FARM platform may be available then. In addition, you may prevent the data generated by cookies and related to your usage of this online platform from being recorded and processed by Google by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available through the following link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de. http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de.
Revocation, changes, authorisations and updates
You may request information about what personal data are stored in respect of your person; such request is free of charge. In addition, you may correct inadequate data, or block and delete your personal data unless statutory retention periods apply.
If you have any questions or comments on processing your personal information, please contact E-FARM::
eFarm GmbH & Co. KG
Phone: +49 40 466 44 811